Post by Beatrix Aronwen on Mar 8, 2018 13:34:28 GMT -7
LESSON ONE HOMEWORK:
1. When was the very first broom made? 962 AD
2. What made the broom a good choice to charm for flying? [3 reasons] The broom was a good choice to charm for flying because it was cheap, portable, and easy to hide. Muggles used brooms for cleaning, so it wouldn't have raised any suspicion.
3. Who is the author of Quidditch Through the Ages? Kennilworthy Whisp
4. The charms on the first brooms were very basic. The brooms could only do what? [3 things] Up Down Stop
5. TRUE OR FALSE: The earliest brooms were considered comfortable. So very FALSE!
6. What did Gurthie Lochrin claim after his short broom ride? He had a splintered ass.
7. Who invented the cushioning charm and how did it improve brooms? [2 part answer] Elliot Smethwyck invented the cushioning charm, which made brooms comfier to fly on.
8. The Comet 140 introduced what new feature to brooms? Braking Charm
9. What was the first broom model used by Quidditch Players? Cleansweep One. A classic.
10. What did Quidditch teams like about the Nimbus brooms? [2 reasons] It was reliable and easy to handle. It could also go 100mph and turn 360 degrees.
TUSCANY TITANS SEEKER
KISS THE BOYS & MAKE THEM CRY
FOURTEEN | NEUTRAL PURE-BLOOD | SINGLE | TRANSFER STUDENT - SLYTHERIN
Post by Beatrix Aronwen on Mar 8, 2018 13:38:07 GMT -7
LESSON ONE EXTRA CREDIT:
Go to Flourish and Blotts and purchase Quidditch Through the Ages, as this will be an essential book of reference used throughout the class. Please link to your purchase. If you already own this book then please link to your Gringott's vault.